The following is a quick analysis of the Whatcom County Residential real estate market.
- Currently Active Listings: 1829
- Price range of active listings – $69,500 – $6,995,000
- New Listings June: 359
- Average List Price June:$397,954 Days on the Market: 132
- Median List Price: $339,900
- Sold in June: 175
- Average Sales Price: $289,955 Days on the Market: 156
- Median Sales Price: $246,500
- Pending Sales in June: 205 Average List Price: $307,776 Days on the Market: 128
- Average Sales Price June, 2009: $293,971
- Median Sales Price June, 2009: $267,500
- Sold in June, 2009: 214
The Average Sales price is down 1.3% compared to June, 09.
The Median Sales prices is down 7.9% compared June, 09.
The number of sales is down 39 compared to June, 2009.
Condo Analysis for Bellingham
- Currently Active Listings: 456 New Listings June: 60
- Price range of active listings – $51,900 – $1,150,000
- Average List Price June: $238,792 Days on the Market: 163
- Median List Price $199,975
- Sold in June: 47
- Average Sales Price: $219,261 Days on the Market: 168
- Median Sales Price: $179,500
- Pending Sales June:19 Average List Price: $223,621 Days on the Market: 191
- Average Sales Price June, 2009: $222,086
- Median Sales Price June, 2009: $194,500
- Sold in June, 2009: 26
Average Condo sale price is down 1.3% from June, 2009
Median Sales Price is down 7.7% from June, 2009
The number of sales is up 21 compared to June, 2009
If you look at the graph you can see that the residential market prices are on an overall downward trend but up a bit the past few months.
The Big Tax Credit is gone, but there is still a First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Available through a program called the Mortgage Credit Certification. It is a Tax Credit paid on Mortgage interest.
Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today’s rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Whatcom County or Bellingham Real Estate feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981