The following is a quick analysis of the Whatcom County real estate market.
- There are currently 1374 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $12,000 – $6,995,000
- Average Asking Price $437,110 Days on Market: 136 days
- Median Asking Price $338,875 Days on Market: 99 days
- Homes sold in February: 91
- Average Listing Price $331,950
- Average Sold Price $307,992 Days on Market 101
- Median Listing Price $255,000
- Median Sold Price $254,990 Days on Market: 77
- Homes Pending this week: 66 Total Homes Pending: 288
The Average Sales price is down by 4.6% compared to February 08, and up 13.5% over last month.
The Median Sales prices is up 9.2% compared to February 08 and up 7.6% over last month.
The number of sales is down by 30 or 65% compared to February 08 and up by 2 or 14% compared to last month.
There is also a newly passed First Time Home Buyer’s Tax Credit of $8,000 available to anyone who hasn’t owned a home in the past 3 years. You might want to talk to your banker to see what you can afford.
If you have any questions or want to see any Bellingham Washington Real Estate feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981