Do you have a smaller home that you would like to make look bigger? This can certainly be an advantage when you are trying to sell a smaller house. There are a number of inexpensive tricks that you can use to make your home appear larger to your guests and prospective buyers.
1. Lighting – When your home is small, the lighting becomes extremely important. In order to make a room look larger there should be sufficient light in each of the rooms. Focus the lighting on the walls so they look brighter. You might want to have lighting controls installed that will allow you to dim or increase the intensity of the lights in each room as per your needs.
2. Colors – Use only light shades of warm colors such as red, yellow, brown and orange. These colors can make a room look bigger, and more inviting. To give a particular room extra depth, you might want to try the technique of using light colors on three walls of the room and a coordinating darker color on the fourth wall to give the room extra depth.
3. Minimum Furniture – Rooms that have too much furniture in them tend to look smaller than they really are. The more crowded a space is, the smaller it will appear. Make sure that your furniture is not crowded together when you want to make your room look larger than it is. Avoid bulky armchairs and sofas in small spaces. To maximize your space, try to use dual purpose furniture. For example, and end table with a built in magazine rack takes up less space than two separate pieces.
4. Accessories – The accessories you use to decorate your house have a big impact on how large or small it appears. Use light colored curtains, which allow the light come in during the day time. Use light colored covers for the furniture as well, because light colors usually give a feeling of extra space.
5. Mirrors – Use mirrors strategically to give depth to the room. This is one of the easiest and most effective real estate improvement tips ever. Mirrors can be beautiful art elements in and of themselves, and they serve a secondary purpose of making small rooms appear larger.
6. Storage – Efficient storage is an important consideration in small spaces. The more clutter in your home, the smaller and less appealing it will look. Come up with storage systems and solutions that fit your family’s needs and lifestyle. By reducing clutter, your house will instantly look more appealing to guests and prospective buyers.
Use these real estate secrets to improve your home without spending a fortune. In fact, these suggestions are great ways to improve the value of your home as well as simply making it look great on a shoestring budget.
This article was provided by Automated Homefinder — a Denver real estate company