Real Estate Market Report/Conditions for Ferndale, WA for January, 2008
The following is a quick analysis of the Ferndale Residential real estate market by Michael Eisenberg of Fairhaven Realty.
- There are currently 189 homes for sale.
- Homes are priced from $90,000 – $1,600,000
- Average Asking Price is $401,953
- Median Asking Price is $369,900
- Average Days on Market are 94 days (or about 3 months)
- 6 Homes went Pending this week
- 18 Homes sold last in January
- Average Listing Price $275,616
- Average Sold Price $268,415
- Average Days on the Market 150
- Median Listing Price $229,500
- Median Sold Price $228,150
- Median Days on Market 97
Buyers: Interest rates are still low making now is a good time to get in the market. There are plenty of homes to choose from and lots have been on the market a long time so there are some motivated sellers out there who need to sell their homes.
Sellers: There is still a lot of competition right now and if you don’t want your home to sit on the market without an offer here are a few bits of advise:
- The most important thing you can do is price your home right, have your real estate agent do a CMA and price your home aggressively, that is in the lower range of similar homes if you want a quick sale
- Hava a pre-inspection done to your home and fix any problems
- Give your home curb appeal
- Offer a Home Warranty if it is an older home
- Get rid of clutter, start clearing out your things, even if you have to put them in storage.
- Think about staging your home, get advise from a staging professional or at least your agent.
If you would like some info about real estate or living in Bellingham visit my website at BellinghamProperty.com or give me a call.