The following is a quick analysis of the Whatcom County Residential real estate market.
- Currently Active Listings: 1851
- Price range of active listings – $15,900 – $4,350,000
- New Listings July: 406
- Average List Price July: $398,204 Days on the Market: 134
- Median List Price: $315,000
- Sold in July: 168
- Average Sales Price: $309,041 Days on the Market: 172
- Median Sales Price: $262,000
- Pending Sales in July: 212 Average List Price: $296,071 Days on the Market: 122
- Average Sales Price July, 2009: $311,376
- Median Sales Price July, 2009: $262,950
- Sold in June, 2009: 213
The Average Sales price is down 0,7% compared to July, 09.
The Median Sales prices is down 0.3% compared July, 09.
The number of sales is down 45 compared to July, 2009.
Condo Analysis for Bellingham
- Currently Active Listings: 456 New Listings July: 71
- Price range of active listings – $51,900 – $1,400,000
- Average List Price July: $241,291 Days on the Market: 166
- Median List Price $212,000
- Sold in July: 19
- Average Sales Price: $179,863 Days on the Market: 168
- Median Sales Price: $167,000
- Pending Sales July: 24 Average List Price: $205,838 Days on the Market: 138
- Average Sales Price July, 2009: $215,618
- Median Sales Price July, 2009: $185,900
- Sold in July, 2009: 39
Average Condo sale price is down 16.5% from July, 2009
Median Sales Price is down 10.2% from July, 2009
The number of sales is up 20 compared to July, 2009
If you look at the graph you can see that the residential market prices are trying to make a comeback, they have been surprisingly rising slightly each of the last few months.
The Big Tax Credit is gone, but there is still a First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Available through a program called the Mortgage Credit Certification. It is a Tax Credit paid on Mortgage interest.
Meanwhile interest rates are still extremely low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today’s rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Bellingham Property feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981