The following is a quick analysis of the Residential Bellingham real estate market.
- Currently Active Listings: 623 New Listings July: 172
- Price range of active listings – $69,500 – $3,600,000
- Average List Price July: $480,300 Days on the Market: 116
- Median List Price July: $374,950
- Sold in June: 76
- Average Sales Price: $384,934 Days on the Market: 155
- Median Sales Price: $297,250
- Pending Sales in July: 103 Average List Price: $325,704 Days on the Market: 103
- Average Sales Price July, 2009: $356,757
- Median Sales Price July, 2009: $299,000
- Sold in July, 2009: 101
The Average Sales price is up 7.9% compared to July, 09.
The Median Sales price is up 2.5% compared July, 09.
The number of sales is down 25 compared to July, 2009.
- Currently Active Listings: 237 New Listings July: 33
- Price range of active listings – $85,000 – $1,150,000
- Average List Price July:$253,083 Days on the Market: 161
- Median List Price $190,000
- Sold in July: 14
- Average Sales Price: $181,743 Days on the Market: 165
- Median Sales Price: $169,000
- Pending Sales July: 17 Average List Price: $194,006 Days on the Market: 135
- Average Sales Price July, 2009: $221,490
- Median Sales Price July, 2009: $180,000
- Sold in July, 2009: 25
Average Condo sale price is down 17.9% from July, 2009
Median Sales Price is 5.8% from July, 2009
The number of sales is down 9 compared to July, 2009
If you look at the graph you can see that the residential market prices seem to be on the rise in Bellingham.while condo prices are declining. When you look at the market it’s really hard to believe these graphs seeing so many price reductions every day. Looks like the bottom was in March
The Big Tax Credit is gone, but there is still a First Time Home Buyer Tax Credit Available through a program called the Mortgage Credit Certification. It is a Tax Credit paid on Mortgage interest.
Meanwhile interest rates are sat an all time low and there are some great values in the Bellingham market right now. You might want to take a look at what it would cost you to purchase one of these homes at today’s rates. You might be surprised at what your monthly payments would be, maybe less than your paying for rent right now if you are renting a comparable sized house.
If you have any questions or want to see any Bellingham Washington Real Estate feel free to email me at or give me a call at 360-739-6981