The day’s activities begin at Boulevard Park at 10am with the International Dan Harris Challenge Rowing Race.
Come on down and watch the race if your not in it.
Festivities continue at the Dirty Dan Days Seafood Festival held at the Fairhaven Village Green from 10am-4pm
- Music food and fun
- the annual Salmon Toss at 11:30— set up for kids and adults
- the world famous Uphill Piano Race at “high noon“
- beer & wine in the garden noon-4pm
- the Cupcake Eating Contest at 1:30
- the Chuckanut Chowder Cook-off from 2 to 3:45 pm. Local restaurant chefs will cook their favorite chowder recipes. $10 get’s samples of all the entries, a bowl of your favorite, with a piece of locally-baked Avenue Bread, and a vote in the People’s Choice contest for best chowder.
- the Dirty Dan Look-A-Like and 1800’s Dress Contest at 3:30
Dan Harris is a Fairhaven Legend, he arrived in Bellingham as a 21-year-old adventurer. He became a homesteader, land owner, smuggler, hotel owner, and seaman, and founder of Fairhaven in 1883.
He got the nickname “Dirty Dan” due to his long spells without bathing. He travelled by rowboat between Fairhaven and Victoria, B.C