Boating season is here and April 28-29, 2012 is a big welcome to it at the Bellingham Bay Rendezvous.
Charter vessels from around the Salish Sea come to Bellingham for this two-day celebration and show off their boats and honor our maritime history at the Bellingham Cruise Terminal the home of the Alaska Ferry.
Sunset Cruise – Saturday April 28 from 6-9pm you can cruise Bellingham Bay aboard your choice of boats at the Bellingham Bay Rendezvous. Historic boats cruises are $39 and include a boxed dinner. The Victoria Star is only $29 adults/$15 kids (age 3-17) and also includes a boxed dinner.
Schooner Race! Sunday April 29 from 1-4pm – You can be part of the action by reserving your space on one of the participating schooners (Zodiac, Spike Africa, Dirigo II, Mycia or Suva) that will be racing in Bellingham Bay or on either the M/V David B or Victoria Star which will be course markers for the race. Tickets for the Victoria Star are $15 adults/$7 kids age 3-17. All other boats tickets are $25
Tickets are available at San Juan Cruises at 360-738-8099
Here are some of the events for the Rendezvous
- Boat Show of historic wooden schooners and small ship cruise vessels,
- Sunset Sail on Bellingham Bay – Saturday April 28 – 6-9pm
- Schooner races – Sunday April 29 – 1-4pm
- Antique marine engine demonstrations,
- Kids activities – build a wooden boat,
- Arts and Crafts Vendors,
- Food booths
- Dirty Dan Days at the Fairhaven Village Green – Sunday April 29